Welcome to TRIO Rising Scholars
Join us for a TRIO Bowling Tournament!
Come and get your game face on! Join us for a friendly bowling tournament between the TRIO Teacher Prep and the TRIO Rising Scholars Program. It will be a night of fun and camaraderie!
DATE: Thursday, March 30th
TIME: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
PLACE: Games Center, SUB
What is TRIO Rising Scholars?
TRIO Rising Scholars (TRS) is a federally funded TRIO Student Support Services grant program located in the heart of Boise State University’s campus in Boise, Idaho. We offer a multi-faceted support unit—offering academic assistance and encouragement for our eligible scholars. Our goal is to help students achieve earn their four-year degree and develop into scholars that are well prepared for their future careers and/or graduate programs.
We believe students from all socioeconomic backgrounds should have equal opportunity to earn a post-secondary education. We assist students in the transition from being a typical college student to a scholar who is well-connected, engaged, and heading down a path of success.
- Free individual tutoring for any freshman or sophomore level course.
- One-on-one advising to keep you on track and connect you to campus resources.
- Assistance with developing habits that will allow you to be more successful at the college level and beyond.
- Career and major exploration.
- Social and cultural opportunities.
To be eligible for TRIO Rising Scholars, students must be:
- A first-generation college student, or
- A financially limited college student, or
- A student with a documented disability.
Please visit our eligibility criteria and application pages. If you feel you, or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRS please click the Apply Now! below. The priority deadline is July 31st for the Fall 2016 semester, so please submit your application and required documents as soon as possible.