Welcome to TRIO Rising Scholars
- Join Us for Fun Events and Workshops
TRS students enjoy a fun Halloween pumpkin carving event.
- TRIO Provides Peer Mentors for New Students
The 2018-2019 Peer Mentor Cohort attend a training orientation in McCall Idaho
- Fall 2018 New Student Orientation
New TRS and Teacher Prep students participated in a welcome orientation on August 25th
- TRIO Rising Scholars Graduates
A group of TRS 2018 graduates enjoy an end of the year graduation party
Join us for TRIO Movie Night and Dinner! February 19th!
- Date & Time: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 – 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Location: Bishop Barnwell Room, SUB
- Facilitators: TRS Peer Mentors
- Description: Spend time with the TRS Mentors and your friends while watching McFarland, USA. This event is the kickoff for the TRIO celebration week leading up to TRIO day on the 24th. Bring canned food for the canned food drive and give back to our campus community. Dinner will be provided, a pasta and chicken feast!! For a list of canned food and personal items to bring, please refer to this List of Food Pantry Needs.
- RSVP: RSVP Here for the TRIO Movie Night and Dinner
TRIO Food Drive – February 8th – 22nd, 2019
In honor of National TRIO Day, the Boise State TRIO Programs are organizing a donation drive to give back to the Boise State community. We will be accepting donations of food and personal items starting Friday, February 8th – February 22nd, in designated locations. All donations will be given to the Boise State food pantry. For a list of the food pantry’s most needed items please see this list: Food Pantry Needs. Faculty, staff and students can also help by donating money through the following link and entering “TRIO” in the comment field for “company/organization”: Boise State Donation Form
Donation box locations:
- Student Union patio entrance (near the information desk)
- Student Union Games Center entrance
- Interactive Learning Center entrance (at base of stairs, central campus side)
- Albertsons Library, main corridor
- TRIO community room (Education Building, Room 210)
For more information about the donation drive and the campus food pantry program, check out our article in the Boise State Update!
What is TRIO Rising Scholars?
TRIO Rising Scholars (TRS) is a federally funded TRIO Student Support Services grant program located in the heart of Boise State University’s campus in Boise, Idaho. We offer a multi-faceted support unit—offering academic assistance and encouragement for our eligible scholars. Our goal is to help students earn their four-year degree and develop into scholars that are well prepared for their future careers and/or graduate programs.
We believe students from all socioeconomic backgrounds should have equal opportunity to earn a post-secondary education. We assist students in the transition from being a typical college student to a scholar who is well-connected, engaged, and heading down a path of success.
- Free individual tutoring for any freshman or sophomore level course.
- One-on-one advising to keep you on track and connect you to campus resources.
- Assistance with developing habits that will allow you to be more successful at the college level and beyond.
- Career and major exploration.
- Social and cultural opportunities.
To be eligible for TRIO Rising Scholars, students must be:
- A first-generation college student, or
- A financially limited college student, or
- A student with a documented disability.
If you feel you, or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRS please click the button below to apply.