Welcome to TRIO Rising Scholars
- Join Us for Fun Events and Workshops
TRS students enjoy a fun Halloween pumpkin carving event.
- TRIO Provides Peer Mentors for New Students
The 2018-2019 Peer Mentor Cohort attend a training orientation in McCall Idaho
- Fall 2018 New Student Orientation
New TRS and Teacher Prep students participated in a welcome orientation on August 25th
- TRIO Rising Scholars Graduates
A group of TRS 2018 graduates enjoy an end of the year graduation party
- TRIO Students Help Collect Food for the Campus Food Pantry
What is TRIO Rising Scholars?
TRIO Rising Scholars (TRS) is a federally funded TRIO Student Support Services grant program located in the heart of Boise State University’s campus in Boise, Idaho. We offer a multi-faceted support unit—offering academic assistance and encouragement for our eligible scholars. Our goal is to help students earn their four-year degree and develop into scholars that are well prepared for their future careers and/or graduate programs.
We believe students from all socioeconomic backgrounds should have equal opportunity to earn a post-secondary education. We assist students in the transition from being a typical college student to a scholar who is well-connected, engaged, and heading down a path of success.
- Free individual tutoring for any freshman or sophomore level course.
- One-on-one advising to keep you on track and connect you to campus resources.
- Assistance with developing habits that will allow you to be more successful at the college level and beyond.
- Career and major exploration.
- Social and cultural opportunities.
To be eligible for TRIO Rising Scholars, students must be:
- A first-generation college student, or
- A financially limited college student, or
- A student with a documented disability.
If you feel you, or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRS please click the button below to apply.