TRIO Teacher Preparation Program
- Graduate With a Degree That Leads to Teacher Certification
We are here to help students graduate with a degree leading to teacher certification
- A Program for First-Generation and Limited-Income Education Students
2018 Teacher Prep Graduates with their Educational Specialist, Adriana Veloza
- Visit us at the Education Building
We are located on the 2nd floor of the Education Building Room 228
- Praxis I and II Support
All of our students will receive quality Praxis I and II support.
- Individualized Tutoring Support
Individualized tutoring support is provided for any lower division class.
- Fall 2018 TRS and Teacher Prep New Student Orientation
New TRS and Teacher Prep students participated in a welcome orientation on August 25th
DON’T MISS THE TRIO TEACHER PANEL!
- Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2019
- Time: 5:00 p.m – 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Education Building, Room 330
- RSVP: RSVP Here for the TRIO Teacher Panel
The TRIO Teacher Preparation Program
The TRIO Teacher Preparation Program is a high impact academic support unit located within Boise State University’s Center for Multicultural and Educational Opportunities. Our physical location is the Education Building, Room 228. The program is designed to enroll, serve, and graduate first-generation and limited income students, as well as students with a documented disability into the teaching profession. Program services include: advising, individualized tutoring for lower division coursework, high quality Praxis I and II assistance, scholarship and financial aid support, academic development skills (writing, math, and study strategies), career and soft skills development, and various student engagement opportunities.
To qualify for the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program, a student must be working towards his or her first undergraduate degree in any education major, and be an American citizen or a permanent resident. In addition, at least one of the following three statements must be true:
- I am a first-generation college student (i.e., neither parent/legal guardian earned a four-year undergraduate degree before I was 18)
- I am a student who meets current US Federal Limited-Income guidelines
- I am a student with a documented disability
If you, or someone you knows qualifies to be a part of the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program, please click the button below to apply.