TRIO Teacher Preparation Program
- Graduate with a degree that leads to Teacher Certification
We are here to help students graduate with a degree leading to teacher certification
- First-generation or limited-income education students can join.
An art education student relaxes on the quad to read.
- Visit us at the Education Building
We are located on the 4th floor of the Education Building Rooms 404 and 428.
- Praxis I and II Support
All of our students will receive quality Praxis I and II support.
- Individualized tutoring support is provided
Individualized tutoring support is provided for any lower division class.
Upcoming Financial Aid Opportunities:
The TRIO Teacher Preparation Program
The TRIO Teacher Preparation Program is a high impact academic support unit located within Boise State University’s Center for Multicultural and Educational Opportunities. Our physical location is the Education Building, Rooms 404 and 428. The program is designed to enroll, serve, and graduate 144 first-generation students, limited income students, and/or students with a documented disability into the teaching profession. Program services include: advising, individualized tutoring for lower division coursework, high quality Praxis I and II assistance, scholarship and financial aid support, academic development skills (writing, math, and study strategies), career and soft skills development, and various student engagement opportunities.
To qualify for the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program, a student must be working towards his or her first undergraduate degree in any education major, and be an American citizen or a permanent resident. In addition, at least one of the following three statements must be true:
- I am a first-generation college student (i.e., neither parent/legal guardian earned a four-year undergraduate degree before I was 18)
- I am a student who meets current US Federal Limited-Income guidelines
- I am a student with a documented disability
If you you, or someone you knows qualifies to be a part of the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program, please click the Apply Now! button below to download and print off the application. Please submit your application and required documents as soon as possible so that we can get you enrolled with our program.