- College Carnival
Boise School District held a College Carnival for Kids at Whitney Elementary and the Boys and Girls Club on Wednesday, July 10, 2019. The goal - to raise awareness among elementary school students that you're never too young to prepare for post-secondary success. The event was put on by the Boise State University TRIO Upward Bound summer program.
- Upward Bound Makes the News
TRIO Educational Talent Search and TRIO Upward Bound
The Idaho HYS 2019 student online application is NOW open: http://bit.ly/HYS2019 Students are encouraged to write their essay before starting their online application. Incomplete student applications will not be reviewed/accepted. The essay question is: What does graduating from college mean to you?
Review the following key dates and information:
- Event Date and Location: August 3 – 4, 2019 at Boise State University in Boise, Idaho.
- Applications are open to the 2020 graduating class (current juniors).
- Application deadline: The student application final deadline is Saturday, May 25, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. (MST).
- Selected students will be notified no later than Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
- Selected students will be required to submit waivers/forms and payment to confirm attendance (TRIO ETS students, please see your Educational Specialist for possible fee waivers).
Caldwell High School celebrates our first TRIO Upward Bound Day! We honored two amazing people: Mayor Nancolas and CHS Grad, Upward Bound Alum and NNU Grad Maggie Alcaraz. Thanks Mr. Engler for making this happen. Great job students for organizing and running the entire program. Thanks to the CHS teachers who came to support this amazing program.
Click TRIO Day festivities to view additional photos.
52 students from the TRIO Educational Talent Search program attended the Boise State University Science and Engineering Festival at Boise State University on February 2nd. Students spent the day learning about the many ways science affects our daily lives. Chemistry, space exploration, art, and robotics were some of the most talked about activities. Our TRIO scholars interacted with faculty, staff and students and toured campus in between workshops. Warm lunch at the Boise River Cafe provided more opportunities for getting to know TRIO friends from other schools. The TRIO family had a blast! Thank you College of Engineering for being an excellent host!
Mark your calendars for the following TRIO Educational Talent Search activities and events:
Event dates and times are subject to change. Check with your specialist for details about each activity or event. Click on the link to download the 2019 Spring Events flyer.