Mobile Menu

Latest News

#Expect Success | Jerome Teacher Support

amy_haltermanAmy Halterman teaches 6th grade Western Civilizations at Jerome Middle School. Halterman participated in the Jerome Teacher Support Program last year as a new teacher to the district, which was a support service provided by the Leads Learning Network. The Leads Network, as part of its support to districts and teachers, is circling back to those teachers, and sharing some of their ideas and plans for the first few weeks of school.

Halterman didn’t hesitate when asked about her goals, “My focus right now is on my pacing guide. I’m going to change things around in regards to the order of units to make it flow a little more logically for my kids.”

She plans to challenge her students with more blended learning activities. “I’m developing a QR Code [QR code is abbreviated from Quick Response Code] which is a type of matrix barcode. I’ve designed webquests using the codes. My kids love these projects. They’re interactive and I make them so each student can personalize their own quest using the codes.”

She added, “The kids say my class is their hardest class but that’s because they are in charge of their own learning.”

Halterman’s other goals include developing a service learning unit which includes “motivation tickets” at the end of each month for kids who log the most hours. She’s also working on a Pinterest Board of activities that uses virtual sticky notes and mosaic-style printouts for the classroom walls.

Amy hails from the Virginia where she taught for 11 years. She stated, “I love Idaho and I love the kids here!”

Good things are happening right now, and great lessons are in the works!
Join us for more updates in the following weeks.

This entry was posted in Best Practices, Effective Strategies, Instruction, Strategic Upgrades. Bookmark the permalink.