A limited number of competitive graduate assistantship opportunities are available in the College of Education. Graduate assistantships typically offer a 9-month research assistantship position that includes an approximate $9,588 stipend, tuition and fee waiver, and student health insurance. (Graduate assistantships for doctoral candidates include an approximate $13,632 stipend.)
Graduate assistants must enroll for a minimum of nine credit hours each semester and must meet other requirements as set by the Graduate College.
The application includes the following two requests for additional documents:
1. Your resume or CV that includes the following information (as applicable):
- Educational background (including college name, years attended, and degree awarded)
- Areas of intended or completed research
- Teaching experience (including title/position, subjects taught, state/location, and dates)
- Any related work experience applicable to graduate program
- Any special qualifications or certifications
- Professional publications
- Honors and awards
2. A written response to the question:
- “Why are you interested in an assistantship in the College of Education at Boise State?”
- Include any areas of research, names of researchers or faculty, and/or any applicable future plans in your response.
If you are interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship opportunity, please complete an application. Review of applications will begin on March 1st and continue on a rolling basis.