Applications are accepted for fall enrollment only. All materials are due to the online system by February 1st in the previous spring.
1.) Begin your application online with the Graduate College – Read more on the Apply Now webpage
- Note: Along with a one-time, non-reimbursable fee, the Graduate College will ask for official copies of your transcripts. If you choose to send any payments or material via mail, be sure to send them to the Graduate College, not the Counselor Education department.
- Following your application to the Graduate College, you will be contacted with information on how to access the online application system.
2.) Overview of documents required for the Master of Arts in Counseling application (documents to be submitted through the online system):
a. Letter of Application describing:
- Professional experiences as they support your desire to be a counselor in a school or addiction setting.
- Note: You must select either the school or addition cognate for your application.
- Reasons for your interest in this program including your vision of the role of a counselor in the public schools or the role of a counselor in an addiction setting.
- Career goals.
b. Current Résumé or Curriculum Vitae.
c. Three current Letters of Reference.
- Letters should support your qualifications for a counseling program and graduate-level academic work.
Please note: These are the application instructions for the Masters of Arts in Counseling Program only. If you wish to apply for a second program, certificate or degree, you must submit a second online application.