The TRiO Student Success Program encourages eligible Boise State students to submit an application.
Who Can Join?
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree), OR
- Have financial need to attend college according to federal guidelines, OR
- Have a documented learning or physical disability.
- To be eligible for the Student Success Program at Boise State, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
To determine whether you have financial need according to the Federal Government, please submit an application with your TAXABLE INCOME documented and we can determine your eligibility for you.
Financial need is based on the student’s and/or their parent’s taxable income, and must fall within one of the eight low income levels listed below:
Federal TRIO Programs: 2015 Low Income Levels
Size of Family Unit
- All students interested in participating in the TRIO SSP must complete an application to determine eligibility and fit. Applications are available at the Resource Fairs held during New Student Orientation, and can also be accessed via the downloadable link below or by calling the SSP office at 208.426.3583 or emailing the SSP Office Coordinator, Ramona Shipman at RamonaShipman@boisestate.edu
- Complete and submit the TRIO SSP Application (downloadable PDF available on left side-bar).
- Receive written acceptance from the TRIO SSP. Applications are processed near the beginning of August.
- Complete an intake meeting with a TRIO SSP staff member.
Completed applications AND financial verification can be submitted four ways:
- Scan and email it to RamonaShipman@boisestate.edu
- Fax it to (208) 426-2310
- Drop it off at the Student Success Program Building, corner of University and Joyce
- Mail it to: TRIO Student Success Program. 1910 University Drive. Boise ID 83725-1755
Applications are processed on a first-come basis. Submitting an application before August 1st is strongly suggested. Applications will be processed until the program is full. All applications received after the program has reached capacity will be placed on a waiting list if eligible. Students are notified of acceptance through their Boise State University email account within two weeks of receiving the FULLY COMPLETED application.