Discover the College of Education at Boise State University
Boise State is Idaho’s metropolitan research university, located in the state’s population center and capital city, a hub of government, business, the arts, health care, industry and technology. The campus is home to 11 Idaho Professor of the Year honorees since 1990. Boise State is the largest university in Idaho with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students.
The College of Education at Boise State is home to more than 69 outstanding faculty, including internationally recognized scholars and researchers. Faculty members provide extensive service to local schools, the university and the state Department of Education. They serve in a number of national and international professional organizations. The college also is home to more than 2,300 students. About 1,700 of these are enrolled in 25 undergraduate programs and another 600 are in 14 masters and doctoral programs.
The way Americans live, work, and learn is changing rapidly. At the College of Education we are not, as the saying goes, “sitting around and admiring the challenges” created for educators because of these changes. Our faculty are hard at work as the innovators, educators, and leaders in service of diverse communities. The distinguished work by our faculty includes:
- An innovative program that provides teachers with new skills to help students from kindergarten to college excel in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- A highly honored program for boosting achievement for Latino students in higher education.
- Cutting-edge research in online teaching and learning.
- A pilot fitness program that encourages middle school students to be more active and healthier.
- A statewide mentor network that supports special education teachers who work in rural areas.
The result of our faculty’s excellent work is a culture of constant innovation and leadership that positively impacts people’s lives, not just in Idaho, but across the nation and around the world.
If you want to join the College of Education team and believe that you can contribute to our success, then please check the employment opportunities for faculty. Or you may be interested in employment opportunities for administrative and professional careers. To see all jobs available at Boise State and to apply, visit the job listings at Human Resources.