PROGRAM GOALS –To develop educational leaders who:
- Inspire, mobilize, and support people to continuously improve student learning and achievement.
- Shape school cultures, conditions, relationships, and capabilities to support high levels of learning for all students.
1) Submit an on-line graduate application along with the application fee to the Graduate Admissions Office: http://graduatecollege.boisestate.edu/howtoapply. The online application will require:
* Contact information from two individuals who can supply academic or professional letters of recommendation.
* A cover letter discussing your professional goals and reasons for applying to the Educational Leadership Program.
2) Request official transcripts from all institutions previously attended to be sent to the Graduate Admissions Office, Boise State University, 1910 University Drive, Boise, ID 83725.
Admission to a cohort as an Educational Leader Candidate will be based on the applicant’s current qualifications, perceived potential capabilities, and level of commitment. Applicants who also apply for a principal endorsement must have four years of full-time certified experience working with students PreK-12 while under contract in a school setting.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
* Minimum of 3.0 GPA in previous undergraduate or graduate degree.
* Two letters of recommendation – one from an immediate supervisor in support of the candidate’s participation in the program and one from someone who can speak to the candidate’s leadership ability and/or potential.
* Letter of application, including professional goals.
* Recommendation based upon an interview with Educational Leadership faculty.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES:
Prospective students may apply for admission at any time. The program begins fall semester, and all application and admission materials must be received by July 1. Up to 25 students will be accepted each year.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership
Education in Educational Leadership
|Course Number and Title||Credits|
576 Leadership Foundation
|ED-CIFS 577 Leading Teaching and Learning||6|
|ED-CIFS 578 Leading|
579 Educational Leadership Clinical Experience
|ED-CIFS 692 Capstone Course||6|
Kelly Cross 208-426-2806